Friday 21 November 2014

THE HEART-FIXER


Luk 4:18  The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, 


First of all, I would like to apologize for uploading this topic before I had written anything on the article. It was a mistake.  I had wanted to just write this topic and leave it until I felt comfortable enough to develop it,(honestly I have several topics that I left as drafts, that I have not developed. I guess if this error did not occur this would have been one of such). so here goes:

In our world today, heart breaks seem to be a common theme. Many suffer from broken relationships that they have invested so much in. In fact, I heard of a young man who drank poison and died because his girlfriend, whom he had been dated for years, broke off the relationship. The pain of a broken heart seemed too much for him to bear. Others have had their hopes dashed, in business deals or huge expectations. The events that unfold before our eyes gives no one the comfort or believe that things would be better. The uncertainty of what tomorrow holds, grips a lot of people with fear.  Still others have been so betrayed, hurt, lied against and misrepresented that deep wounds have been created in their hearts.

Maybe as you read this your heart has been broken and the pieces never seem to mend. The Hurt we feel in our heart can leave us with a lot of negative attitudes that destroy other relationships in our lives or even ourselves. For example, have you noticed how children from broken homes, get so angry and rebellious. They feel betrayed, some even think it is their fault that their parents have separated and cant understand what is happening. Their hearts are broken and battered by the feelings of rejection and the pain of not having both parents like other children.

If you fall into any of the categories above or even if you suffer a broken heart, of which cause is not covered above, then I have good news for you.

Jesus in the above scripture gave a manifesto as to what he was sent to do upon the earth. One of the things he highlighted is that He came to heal the brokenhearted.

If you have ever been in a painful situation, like I have, many people may come with comforting words. Some in their words reveal that they have no idea what you are going through. They seek to deal with the issue on the surface and never can address the core of the matter but I know of one who can go to the very heart and deal with the pain. Thank God that Jesus does not say that He is  just a comforter that helps me deal with the pain but He can ,if I will let him, heal that broken heart.

Don't take your life, give up or become bitter, angry etc

Friend, Take your hurting heart to the Heart-Fixer even if you're in a mess that is of your own making, He still welcomes you. Your broken, bruised and crushed heart can be whole again.

Jesus Loves you more than words can express, so much so, that He died to prove His Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment