Monday 18 August 2014

SPIRITUAL PARENTHOOD 2- GENERATIONAL(ANCESTRAL) BLESSINGS


 Exo 2:24  And God heard their groaning, and God remembered his covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. 


Exo 3:6  Moreover he said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God. 



If you have any idea of deliverance or spiritual warfare, you would have been a bit taken aback when you read the topic of this blog. For you, the topic should have been on Generational or ancestral Curses.


For those who may not be aware of what I am talking about, a generational or ancestral curse is a curse that runs from one generation to another. Generational curses are believed to be so strong as to stay in effect long after the individuals that contracted those curses have died.


Recently I thought about this topic and I felt that if my ancestors could enter a covenant with the devil, to the extent that the results of it can be felt in my life today until it is broken by the power of God, then I should have such a strong relationship with God that carries for generations too.


When I read the above scriptures, It opened my eyes to a new reality that I feel I should share.


A lot of us want to leave a home or some inheritance for our kids, and we all should as parents strive to do so but beyond leaving a physical inheritance, I would like you to leave a legacy or a blessing behind. This blessing may not be tangible or in the realm where men can count or touch it but let your walk with God be strong enough to affect generations after you. 


Paul said to Timothy:

2 Tim 1:5  When I call to remembrance the unfeigned faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice; and I am persuaded that in thee also. 

These women had faith and it lasted three generations! The faith that was in Timothy's grand mother was passed to his mother and then to him. Wow! Wont you like that testimony? 

How many of us would really be proud if our children followed God in the same way as we are currently? 

Some parents do not take their walk with God seriously but they expect their kids to.


If you are prayerless, why get angry with your kids when they don't pray? If you do not value your own words and keep your words to your own kids why beat them up for doubting the word of God you share with them? If you don't honor God why expect your kids to be any different?



Friend how I long that years after I am dead and buried,I can leave behind a walk with God that will affect my children and their children as well just as Abraham did.


In fact the blessing that Abraham carried affected more than his descendants.


Gen 12:2-3  And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. 

Many come to church just to be blessed but Abraham's walk with God made him carry more than just a blessing for himself. 


I don't think Abraham came from a godly of background but He maintained a walk with God that his children benefited from. 


Are you a parent or planing to be? Then ask God to help you that the strength of your walk with God would affect generations after you have gone. 


If the curses of our ancestors are that strong then we who have become believers should be able not only to break free but to leave a godly imprint in the lives of our children. What do you think? Can you be a blessing to your generation?


No comments:

Post a Comment