Wednesday 20 August 2014

SPIRITUAL PARENTHOOD-CALL FORTH THE WAILING WOMEN (PART 1)


Jer 9:17-18  Thus saith the LORD of hosts, Consider ye, and call for the mourning women, that they may come; and send for cunning women, that they may come: And let them make haste, and take up a wailing for us, that our eyes may run down with tears, and our eyelids gush out with waters.

When I was a child, my family always loved to have dogs in our house and I remember one particular black and white puppy we had, called Rambo (we loved action movies obviously). 

Rambo wasn't a big puppy but he had a lot of heart and fight in him. Like all the dogs before him we had trained Rambo to understand two words at least, attack and sit.

I remember an incidence that happened with one of our neighbors, a tall guy who came to visit my sister and wore a jean. Rambo was by my side playing but got very upset as my neighbor walked pass and barked at him. He said some unpleasant things to the dog, and boasted that if it came close to him he would step on Rambo. 

Well, I didn't like that, so I said one of the two words that we had taught Rambo(guess which. wicked smile)

Rambo took off after him like a bullet out of a gun and sunk his teeth into my neighbors jeans and all the dancing the guy did to get the dog off him didn't help. I  had to come pull Rambo off and force his jaws open to let the guy go. Years when I read a quote that says its not the size of the dog in the fight that counts but the size of the fight in the dog, I thought of Rambo.

Today, However, I remember my dog again because I want to speak on the tenacity of praying women.

When situations get tough and you need to pray through, I would rather have a bunch of women who are full compassion than a bunch of men who have strength. Women can be tenacious (Have you ever seen them when the nag to get something? I don't think you would get much peace if you refuse!). 

Naturally, women are created to be able to endure stuff that we men can't imagine. Think about the pain of child birth and you would understand. 

Women have wombs that can carry a baby and bear all the discomforts till the baby is born. Discomforts such as early morning sickness at the early stages, back aches, swollen feet, hormones are all over the place and then when she has to sleep, at the latter stages, she doesn't have a lot of choice sleeping positions.

This natural attribute and added to the fact that they are emotional makes them candidates to move mountains in the place of prayer. 

You see God listens to the words from your heart and not necessarily from your head. Women can easily connect with their hearts.

In Prayer a prepared heart is better then a prepared head!

This article is already too long and I haven't even got to speak about the scriptures I wrote above. I guess I will stop here and write a second part.

What I would like you to take away is what is the state of your heart. Every human being has a womb that can carry the purposes of God whether he be male or female but the female has a unique advantage of being able to understand this in the natural sense and a spiritual sense.

To be continued.....hoping I haven't lost you.

No comments:

Post a Comment