Friday 12 September 2014

HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO?

1Co 9:16  For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! 
Leonard Ravenhill in his book Why Revival Tarries recounts the last moments of Charlie Peace's life:
He was taken on the death-walk. Before him went the prison chaplain, routinely and sleepily reading some Bible verses. The criminal touched the preacher and asked what he was reading. “The Consolations of Religion,” was the reply.
Charlie Peace was shocked at the way he professionally read about hell. Could a man be so unmoved under the very shadow of the scaffold as to lead a fellow-human there and yet, dry-eyed, read of a pit that has no bottom into which this fellow must fall? Could this preacher believe the words that there is an eternal fire that never consumes its victims, and yet slide over the phrase without a tremor? Is a man human at all who can say with no tears, “You will be eternally dying and yet never know the relief that death brings”?
All this was too much for Charlie Peace. “Sir”, he addressed the preacher, “if I believed what you and the church of God say that you believe, even if England were covered with broken glass from coast to coast, I would walk over it, if need be, on hands and knees and think it worth while living, just to save one soul from an eternal hell like that!”[5]
Having read the above, I would like to ask you how far would you go to share the gospel? 
The people you would need to speak to may be neighbors, friends, colleagues, family members etc. 
Paul said necessity is laid upon me! is it necessary for you to preach in your business? work place? God placed you there for a purpose. 
Think of these Statements:
You may be the only christian these people may meet or may come to know.
You may have been put in that organization by God to reach out to the lost there and not many Christians may be able to reach the people that you work with.
You're life is either drawing men to Christ or drawing them away from Christ.

Though Charlie Peace was sinner but I pray I could have that passion for the lost, that he spoke about, to show my believe in Christ saving grace that can deliver from sin and a hell that is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment